Welcome to my corner of the internet! While you’re here, check out
- my notes where I make random observations on things,
- my code lab which contains programming-related content,
- my reading page where I discuss the things I’ve read,
- or read on to learn more about me.
Once you’re done, make sure to check out my videos on YouTube me on YouTube or check out what I’m doing now along with the stuff I use.
I worked on numerous projects such as,
- Virtual Jo– A virtual assistant for Wartburg College built with Node.js, Dialogflow and Google Cloud Functions.
- Diary Locker– A video encryption utility. Built with Python incorporating concepts such as file system monitoring, encryption, command line utility design and documentation.
Education & Work Experience
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science degree from Wartburg College in 2018. There I worked at the Vogel Library as a technology consultant for the ELITE Team looking for ways the library could use technology more effectively. I did that in four ways namely,
- Web Development I maintained the library’s webpage, fixing broken functionality and creating a script to display the library’s working hours. Towards the end, I lead the redesign og the InterLibrary Loan website giving it a modern look.
- Training. I often held training sessions on technologies such as citation managers, password managers and screen capturing software. I would also craft documentation on how to use the hardware and software offered in the library.
- Exploration. This was my favorite part about this job. I had many opportunities to explore things unfamiliar to me such as graphic design and 3D printing.
- Service. I helped patrons find and understand the technology they need to solve their problems.