Welcome to my corner of the internet! While you’re here, check out my blog or read on to learn more about me.
I worked on numerous projects such as,
- Virtual Jo– A virtual assistant for Wartburg College built with Node.js, Dialogflow and Google Cloud Functions.
- Diary Locker– A video encryption utility. Built with Python incorporating concepts such as file system monitoring, encryption, command line utility design and documentation.
Education & Work Experience
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science degree from Wartburg College in 2018. There I worked at the Vogel Library as a technology consultant for the ELITE Team looking for ways the library could use technology more effectively. I did that in four ways namely,
- Web Development I maintained the library’s webpage, fixing broken functionality and creating a script to display the library’s working hours. Towards the end, I lead the redesign og the InterLibrary Loan website giving it a modern look.
- Training. I often held training sessions on technologies such as citation managers, password managers and screen capturing software. I would also craft documentation on how to use the hardware and software offered in the library.
- Exploration. This was my favorite part about this job. I had many opportunities to explore things unfamiliar to me such as graphic design and 3D printing.
- Service. I helped patrons find and understand the technology they need to solve their problems.