Welcome to my corner of the internet! While you’re here, check out my blog or read on to learn more about me.
I worked on numerous projects such as,
- Virtual Jo– A virtual assistant for Wartburg College built with Node.js, Dialogflow and Google Cloud Functions.
- Diary Locker– A video encryption utility. Built with Python incorporating concepts such as file system monitoring, encryption, command line utility design and documentation.
Education & Work Experience
I’m currently a volunteer at the Share Center of Battle Creek, an organization which provides various resources for vulnerable people. At the Share Center, I’m helping them build their first website in order to attract donors and people who might need the Share Center’s services.
Education wise, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science degree from Wartburg College in 2018. There I worked at the Vogel Library as a technology consultant for the ELITE Team looking for ways the library could use technology more effectively. I did that in four ways namely,
- Web Development I maintained the library’s webpage, fixing broken functionality and creating a script to display the library’s working hours. Towards the end, I lead the redesign og the InterLibrary Loan website giving it a modern look.
- Training. I often held training sessions on technologies such as citation managers, password managers and screen capturing software. I would also craft documentation on how to use the hardware and software offered in the library.
- Exploration. This was my favorite part about this job. I had many opportunities to explore things unfamiliar to me such as graphic design and 3D printing.
- Service. I helped patrons find and understand the technology they need to solve their problems.